Is it your first time on a captained charter? No need to worry – the captain and crew are there to ensure you have a fun, safe experience.
The captain might go over the following:
- How to use life jackets and personal flotation devices (PFDs)
- Explain who is required to wear life jackets and/or PFDs based on local, state, and federal laws
- How to help someone who has gone overboard
- Give instructions on safe swimming around boats
- Show you where fire extinguishers and emergency equipment is located
- Identify and explain the uses of horns, flares, VHF radios, and bilge pumps
Don't hesitate to ask questions – captains are there to help you. They're also a great resource if you're interested in learning more about renting bareboat charters in the future.
Any questions about what you should expect onboard, or want to provide suggestions to this article? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.