Write your list and check it twice! It's easy to forget everything you need when you're getting ready for an excursion on the water. If you're wondering what to pack for a boating trip or a day on the water, here are our recommendations:
- Layers, preferably ones that are UPF-rated
- A complete change of clothes – just in case you get wet or the weather gets bad.
- Sunscreen – don't forget to reapply every two hours, or more frequently if you get in the water
- Plenty of Water. Staying hydrated is very important.
- A book or magazine – disconnect from your smartphone and relax.
If you'd like to bring something in particular on this list, such as other beverages, equipment, decorations, or speakers, we recommend that you contact the boat owner to verify that these can be brought on board.
For more ideas on what to bring - check out the resources on the Getmyboat Journal.