How do I cancel a booking?
Sometimes things come up and a confirmed booking has to be canceled. We hate to see it happen but we understand that sometimes it cannot be avoided. Your watercraft needs unexpected repairs. The weather isn't cooperating. There's a family emergency. These things happen. In these cases, it's necessary to cancel a booking with a customer. This article details the process for canceling a confirmed booking.
The below steps will cancel the booking. We highly recommend that prior to canceling the reservation, you reach out to the customer directly with a phone call to notify them of the cancellation. It's a friendly gesture and will help alleviate possible negative feelings for canceling a trip the customer was no doubt looking forward to. This is just a suggestion, but highly encouraged! Below, find the steps for canceling an approved booking:
- Log into your GetMyBoat account
- Go to your inbox
- Filter your inbox by your "Confirmed Bookings" or just scroll through your inquiries until you find the booking you wish to cancel.
- Click on the booking.
- Click on the Options button (see screenshot below).
- Click on the "Cancel Reservation" button.
- Enter the reason for the cancellation in the text box that opens and submit by clicking the "Cancel Reservation" confirmation button. If you clicked on the cancel reservation button by mistake, you can always click the "Don't Cancel" button. (See screenshot below)
That's it! Once you click the cancel button it will send a notification to the customer that the booking has been canceled. The next step would be to contact GetMyBoat support to advise of the cancelation to ensure the customer is refunded.