How do I cancel a booking?
Sometimes things come up and a confirmed booking has to be canceled. We hate to see it happen but we understand that sometimes it cannot be avoided. Your watercraft needs unexpected repairs. The weather isn't cooperating. There's a family emergency. These things happen. In these cases, it's necessary to cancel a booking with a customer. This article details the process for canceling a confirmed booking.
The below steps will cancel the booking and automatically notify GetMyBoat to issue the customer a refund. We highly recommend that prior to canceling the reservation, you reach out to the customer directly with a phone call to notify them of the cancellation. It's a friendly gesture and will help alleviate possible negative feelings for canceling a trip the customer was no doubt looking forward to. This is just a suggestion, but highly encouraged! Below, find the steps for canceling an approved booking:
- Log into your GetMyBoat account
- Go to your inbox
- Filter your inbox by your "Confirmed Bookings" or just scroll through your inquiries until you find the booking you wish to cancel.
- Click on the booking.
- Click on the Option menu icon (the three horizontal lines) to bring up the menu where you can cancel the booking (see screenshot).
- Click on the "Cancel Reservation" button.
- Enter the reason for the cancellation in the text box that opens and submit by clicking the "Cancel Reservation" confirmation button. If you clicked on the cancel reservation button by mistake, you can always click the "Don't Cancel" button.
That's it! Once you click the cancel button it will send a notification to the customer that the booking has been canceled. It will also trigger a response to GetMyBoat to refund the customer in full.