How do I cancel a booking?
Sometimes things come up and a confirmed booking has to be canceled. We hate to see it happen but we understand that sometimes it cannot be avoided. Your watercraft needs unexpected repairs. The weather isn't cooperating. There's a family emergency. These things happen. In these cases, it's necessary to cancel a booking with a customer. This article details the process for canceling an approved and confirmed booking.
The below steps will cancel the booking and automatically notify GetMyBoat to issue the customer a refund. However, we highly recommend that prior to canceling the reservation, you reach out to the customer directly with a phone call to notify them of the cancellation. It's a friendly gesture and will help alleviate possible negative feelings for canceling a trip the customer was no doubt looking forward to. This is just a suggestion, but highly encouraged! Below, find the steps for canceling an approved booking:
- Log into your GetMyBoat account
- Go to your inbox
- Sort by your "Approved Reservations"
- Find the customer or customers you need to cancel and click on their reservation.
- Click on the "Cancel Reservation" button.
- Enter the reason for the cancellation in the text box that opens and submit.