Get more bookings by improving your boat listing and profile
Whether you're brand new to GetMyBoat or just looking to get additional bookings, we have some tips to help you make the most out of your free profile and boat listings.
Create a unique, descriptive listing title.
Go beyond the simple "SUP Rental in [City]" or "Rent a Pontoon in [Region]" headline. You can use your headline to tell community members what makes your listing special.
Do you offer special discounts? Are you offering a special deal for an upcoming event? Do you offer a special amenity? Are there fun activities for guests to participate in? Don't forget that you can update your boat listing title on a regular basis. We suggest keeping your listing title to fewer than 60 characters.
A few examples of good listing titles:
- Hit the Water in Style with this 28' Motor Yacht Charter in [Location]
- Bachelorettes / Sunset Tours / Snorkeling & more in [Location]
- Luxury Motor Yacht in [Location] for parties/events! NEW: SUNSET CRUISES!
- Explore [Location/Point of Interest] on 16' Bayliner Element Bowrider
Write a detailed listing and make your profile stand out.
If you're tired of answering the same questions or want to start your listing off on the right foot, the best way to do it is to add content and information about what guests should expect when they book with you. A mostly blank listing that only tells travelers how many passengers it can accommodate, pricing, and size is going to get booked far less than a detailed listing.
You want to help renters understand what the options are that you provide. When there are options renters can easily decide to book your boat over another. Here are some tips on writing a great listing for your boat or experience.
- Use bullet points
- Tell guests what they can expect
- Outline dedicated trips by time and price
- List any additional costs (Captain fee) and or optional extras
- Point out any key landmarks or sightseeing options
- Answer frequently asked questions
- Inform renters what they need to bring and what you will provide
- Give a general sense of where pick-up and drop-off will be
Please remember that including phone numbers, email addresses, websites, and other contact information in your listing is a violation of our Terms & Conditions.
Upload great photos.
Good quality photos show people what they can expect or anticipate as they're planning their trip. It'll give them ideas for what to pack and what the experience might be like. Be sure to upload high-resolution photos to showcase your listing! We would recommend at least 10 photos.
- At least one image is required for each boat listing. More is better!
- High-resolution landscape style photos that are at least 1200px wide (1500px is best).
- Photos may not contain any text (ex: calls to action, promo codes or contact information), offensive content (ex: nudity), advertising or promotional material, watermarks or time-sensitive information (ex: pricing specials).
- Make sure photos show the whole boat. Ideally from multiple angles and all areas of the boat.
- Photos showing the boat in a real-life setting (out on the water) with people enjoying the experience perform the best. Give your potentials guests a better idea of the experience they will have aboard your boat.
Update and verify your user account.
Travelers are more likely to book with hosts who are considered to be more trustworthy. Profile photos, phone verifications, and a descriptive user profile are all ways to improve your profile for social trust.
Article is closed for comments.