How do I create an offer?
When a customer submits an inquiry on your listing, you will receive an email, SMS, or push notification from GetMyBoat notifying you of the new inquiry. The next step would be to reply by creating a priced offer so the customer can book with you.
When creating the offer, be sure to put in a realistic price in case the customer accepts the offer and pays. You can always make adjustments to the customer's inquiry in your offer. For example, if you need to change or adjust the time, date, watercraft, or whether or not your watercraft comes with an operator or captain or not, you can change those details in your offer but you MUST add a price before sending the offer to the customer. Remember, you can always go back and edit your offer later if need be. Even if you're unavailable for the specific date or time the customer has requested, we encourage our owners to create an offer with alternative dates or times that work for you as customers are generally flexible.
You can watch a quick 2-minute tutorial on creating offers HERE.
You may also decline the inquiry without an offer if you cannot assist with the request.
To create an offer, please follow these steps:
- Once you receive the notification you have an inquiry, you can click the link in the email or SMS message to bring you to your inbox.
- The new inquiry should be atop your inbox with the label "New Inquiry". You will be able to see a snapshot of the trip details and will be given two options: "Change Trip Details" or "Add Price".
- If the details work for you as is, you can simply add your price and send your offer. If you need to respond to or change some of the trip details (for example, if a customer has requested 2 hours but you only offer 4 hours) then you would click the "Change Trip Details" button.
- Once you have added your price, you will be able to review all the trip details and pricing before the offer is sent to the customer. Review the offer to make sure all the details are correct.
- Once you've reviewed the details and are ready to send, you just need to click the "Send Trip Offer" button. The status will change in your inbox from "New Inquiry" to "Offer Sent".
IMPORTANT: Your reply will not go to the customer until you see the status change from "Offer Sent" or "Inquiry Declined" if you choose to decline it.
- The next step is in the customer's hands. They will be able to message you with additional questions, cancel the inquiry if they are no longer interested, or accept your offer and confirm the booking. If a customer accepts your offer, they will be prompted to enter their credit card information and will pay for the trip in full. The booking will be considered confirmed and you will receive a confirmation notification.
That’s it! It only takes a minute or two to create an offer and respond back and potentially get a new customer.
To decline an inquiry, please follow these steps:
- You can decline inquiries by following the steps HERE
- If your watercraft is not available, please update your calendar so you don’t receive additional inquiries for the dates you’re unavailable.