How do I create an offer?
When a customer submits an inquiry on your listing, you will receive an email, SMS, or push notification from GetMyBoat notifying you of this new inquiry. The next step would be to reply back as soon as possible to enhance your chance at getting the booking.
You can watch a quick tutorial on creating offers HERE.
We do recommend creating an offer as soon as possible so the customer can book. When creating an offer, be sure to put in a realistic price in case the customer accepts the offer and pays. You can always make adjustments to the customer's inquiry in your offer as needed if you need to change some details. For example, if you need to change or adjust the time, date, watercraft, or whether or not your watercraft comes with an operator or captain or not, you can change those details in your offer but you MUST add a price before sending the offer to the customer to save those changes. Remember, you can always go back and edit your offer later if need be. Even if you're unavailable for the specific date or time the customer has requested, we encourage our owners to create an offer with alternative dates or times that work for you as customers are generally flexible.
If you need additional details from the customer before you create an offer, feel free to send the customer a message by clicking on the "OPTIONS" menu from the inquiry page.
You may also decline the inquiry without an offer if you cannot assist with the request.
To create an offer, please follow these steps:
- Once you receive the notification you have an inquiry, click the link in the email or SMS message to bring you to your inbox. The new inquiry should be atop your inbox with the label "Inquiry" highlighted in green. You will be able to see a snapshot of the trip details and will be given two options: "Options" or "Create Offer".
- If the details work for you as is, you can simply click "Send Offer", add your price on the next screen, then click "Send Offer" again to send it to the customer. If you need to respond to or change some of the trip details (for example, if a customer has requested 2 hours but you only offer 4 hours) then you can click the little edit icons next to each section of the inquiry to adjust the details. If you need additional details, you can click the "Options" button and click the "Send Message" option to send the customer a message. Please remember sharing contact information (phone numbers, emails, websites, social media accounts, etc) is prohibited until after a customer books through the GetMyBoat platform.
- Once you have added your price, you will be able to review all the trip details and pricing before the offer is sent to the customer. Review the offer to make sure all the details are correct.
- Once you've reviewed the details and are ready to send, you just need to click the "Send Offer" button a final time. The status will change in your inbox from "New Inquiry" to "Offer Sent".
IMPORTANT: If you edit details in the inquiry, they will NOT be sent to the customer until you see the status change to "Offer Sent".
- The next step is in the customer's hands. They will be able to message you with additional information or questions, cancel the inquiry if they are no longer interested, or accept your offer and confirm the booking. If a customer accepts your offer, they will be prompted to enter their credit card information and the trip will be paid in full. The booking will be considered confirmed and you will receive a confirmation notification.
That’s it! It only takes a minute or two to respond back to an inquiry and potentially get a new customer.
To decline an inquiry, please follow these steps:
- You can decline inquiries by following the steps HERE
- If your watercraft is not available, please update your calendar so you don’t receive additional inquiries for the dates you’re unavailable.
Article is closed for comments.