You might be wondering why you can't see an email address or phone number for a potential renter until an offer is accepted. By agreeing to GetMyBoat's Terms of Service, you agree to transact over our platform, which includes communication.
In order to stay in good standing with GetMyBoat and to continue receiving customer referrals from us, you must use GetMyBoat to book the customer and agree to receive payment from GetMyBoat. Any attempt to go off the platform or to complete a booking offsite may be met with a temporary or permanent suspension or a lifetime ban. However, we aren't just insisting you use our platform to transact because it keeps our lights on (though it does) we also encourage you to use us for payment for these following benefits:
- Reviews: Customers can only leave you reviews for completed bookings. You can't have a completed booking without booking through GetMyBoat! Hence, more bookings through us means more customer reviews for you!
- Fraud prevention: GetMyBoat has security tools to help verify customer identities and to verify payments as they are made. If GetMyBoat's security tools flag a payment, we will be better able to identify a potential fraudulent customer and prevent an illegitimate booking from actually happening.
- Easy refunds: Do you need to refund a customer? It's simple. Just notify GetMyBoat and we can refund the customer directly. No messiness with mailing checks or sending payment on your end. We can easily refund the customer's credit card (as long as we haven't already paid you out!).
- Credit card payments: Using GetMyBoat allows you to take all the major credit cards without having to have a credit card reader! Internationally, this is also very helpful as GetMyBoat can charge a customer's credit card from anywhere around the world!
- Easy bookings: It simplifies the experience for both parties. Customers pay your rental fee upfront all at once and you get the comfort of knowing the payment has been collected. No installments, no deposits, just one lump sum payment (excluding tips of course!).
- Easy collection of additional funds: Does the customer want an extra hour on the water? Do they want to pay for extra services like water toys that were not originally included? No need for them to find an ATM, just make sure they agree to the additional charges and we can charge their credit card right then and there!
- Rental insurance: GetMyBoat partners with a 3rd party insurance company to offer rental insurance. This insurance can only be purchased if the booking occurs through the system.
All of the above benefits along with the thousands of customers coming to our site daily should give you more than enough incentive to keep the transaction on the platform and allow GetMyBoat to handle your payments!
As always, if you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com!