How do I get text notifications?
If you want to be notified via an SMS message when there has been a new action on your account (a new inquiry, a new offer, a message from the other party, etc) you may enable text notifications or download our mobile app!
To enable text notifications, follow these steps:
- Go to your account settings: https://www.getmyboat.com/account/settings/
- Scroll down to the phone number field. Make sure the number in your account is your mobile phone number. If the phone number field is empty or is not your mobile number, add or change the phone number to your mobile number.
- Directly underneath the phone number field, you should see a link that says "Verify mobile number".
Click on that and an SMS will be sent to you with a code to enter into the verification box that will pop up after you click the link.
- Enter the verification code to verify your phone number.
- Once you enter the code, you will see a checkbox by your number meaning the number is verified. You also will no longer have an option to verify your number as it'll already be verified. Please note, you will also need to opt into receiving SMS messages. Make sure you check the box where it says "Send me SMSs for important booking information" to opt IN to receiving SMS notifications by marking the box with a checkmark.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of your Account Settings page to make sure you save your changes.
That's it! If you have any questions or experience any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.