What is the incidental coverage limit?
The incidental coverage limit (formerly known as the deposit) is a protection in place for owners in case a customer does something that incurs minor expenses. This is uncommon, but it could include things like stain removal or toilet repair. GetMyBoat makes it easy for you to list this on your profile so that customers are aware of your incidental expenses policy and limit, that way there are no surprises.
You can add an incidental coverage limit on your listing by following these steps:
- Log into your GetMyBoat account here.
- Click on your profile photo on the upper righthand corner, which will present you with a dropdown menu
- Click on "Your Listings"
- On the listing you wish to edit, click on "Edit Pricing"
- On this page, you will see a section labeled "Incidental Coverage Limit" or "Deposit"
- Enter your amount
- Changes will be saved automatically
If you are concerned about major expenses, particularly for boats that you allow to be taken out captain-less or bareboat, we recommend you look into finding an insurance provider that will cover peer-to-peer boat rentals to protect you against serious damage and/or injury. Please note that GetMyBoat DOES NOT offer insurance at this time. You can see more info about insurance HERE.