What is the security allowance?
The security allowance (also displayed sometimes as the deposit and formerly the incidental coverage limit) is a protection in place for owners in case a customer does something that incurs minor expenses. This is uncommon, but it could include things like minor damage, cleaning fees, extra gas charges, or additional time out on the water. This is ONLY charged post-rental.
You can add your security allowance (or deposit) by following these steps:
- Log into your GetMyBoat account here.
- Click on your profile photo on the upper righthand corner, which will present you with a dropdown menu
- Click on "Your Listings"
- On the listing you wish to edit, click on "Edit Pricing"
- On this page, you will see a section for "Security Allowance"
- Enter your amount
- Changes will be saved automatically
If you are concerned about major expenses, particularly for boats that you allow to be taken out captain-less or bareboat, we recommend you look into finding an insurance provider that will cover peer-to-peer boat rentals to protect you against serious damage and/or injury. Please note that GetMyBoat DOES NOT offer insurance at this time. You can see more info about insurance HERE.