How does GetMyBoat work for owners?
Are you an existing owner that needs a refresher on GetMyBoat? Or are you a new potential owner wondering how we work? This should answer some basic questions you may have about how GetMyBoat works for you!
- Booking process: Customers will use the GetMyBoat website or mobile app to send you an inquiry. Once an inquiry is sent, you will receive an immediate notification via email, SMS, or push notification (download our app!). To reply to the customer, you will be asked to create an offer for the customer based on the details provided. You may also decline their inquiry though we always encourage creating an offer as you will be able to tweak the terms as needed. If the customer approves the offer, the booking is confirmed. All booking transactions must be made through GetMyBoat. Any attempt to share emails, phone numbers, websites, and/or social profiles will be blocked until after an offer is approved per our terms of service. Any sharing of information prior to approval may result in an account suspension.
- Service Fees: GetMyBoat deducts an 8.5% or 11.5% service fee from your total booking amount. (You will want to consider taxes and any other applicable fees into the price you list on your listing or in any offer made to a customer). If the transaction is done in USD, GetMyBoat will deduct an 8.5% service fee. If there is a need for currency conversion, there will be an additional 3% transaction fee tacked on to the service fee for a total of 11.5% to be deducted from your payout.
- Payment terms: We collect full payment from the customer upfront when an offer is approved. You are paid out in full minus our service fees after the trip is completed. GetMyBoat processes payment once the trip has been confirmed as successfully completed and payment is typically deposited into your bank account or PayPal account within 5-10 business days. Please note any trip completed on a weekend or holiday will not be processed until the following business day.
- Cancellation Policies and Security Deposits - Any cancellation policy will be subject to the terms listed in your listing dictated by you (let us know if you need help with setting your cancellation policy) and will be honored by GetMyBoat. Our default policy states a customer may receive a full refund if they cancel prior to 5 days of departure. Security deposits are NOT collected at the time of booking but only if you file a claim post-rental for incidental charges. What you set as your security deposit in your listing is the maximum amount GetMyBoat is authorized to charge the customer post rental. Any claims must be submitted within 48 hours of trip completion.
- Additional Paperwork - Once a booking is approved, you may complete the booking process on your end as you normally would with any other customer (by using any of your own rental agreements, release forms etc).
Let us know if you have additional questions or need additional resources. We are always here to help and look forward to getting you more business!