How do I update my security allowance?
It is important to note that GetMyBoat does not charge a customer a typical security deposit upfront for a rental. GetMyBoat charges the customer the full price of the charter once they approve an offer. These funds are held until a trip completes and may be subject to your cancellation policy if a customer cancels a trip.
However, there is a section in your listing that allows you to enter an amount for a security allowance and it can be applied to any post-rental charges you may want to charge a renter. These can include:
- Minor damages
- Cleaning fees
- Gas fees
- Additional time tacked on to a rental
- Any other charges agreed upon by you and the customer during the trip
It is strongly recommended that you get clearance and agreement from a customer about any post rental charges before claiming an amount for the security allowance. GetMyBoat will be required to confirm any post-rental charges with the customer that are claimed by you and may also request documentation from you including the following:
- Any documents, contracts, receipts, invoices, estimates, or photographs that can be used to support a claim.
- Please note you must notify GetMyBoat within 48 hours of trip being completed of any claim to being the claims process.
Please note the maximum amount you are allowed to claim is based on the amount you have in your listing as a security allowance.
Here is how you edit the security allowance amount or "Deposit" in your listing:
- Login to your GetMyBoat account
- Click on "Your Listings"
- Click on "Edit Pricing"
- Fill in the "Deposit" amount. This amount will be displayed in offers as a "security allowance.