How you rank on GetMyBoat is determined by a number of factors relating to the quality of your listing and the engagement metrics of your account. Ultimately our search engine presents the most active, attractive and engaged owners first.
Why do we do this? Because we want potential renters to receive a fast response or offer, so that they can book a trip. Driving renters to owners or operators that are unresponsive is a poor experience, and ultimately hurts not only that booking opportunity, but any in the future with other owners.
If you are looking to increase your search ranking here are the top ways in which to do so:
- Improve your response rate - Respond to all enquiries, with either a message, offer or if you are unavailable decline the enquiry. Your response speed is also critical, so be sure to download our app and make sure notifications are enabled so you don't miss an opportunity.
- Improve your offer rate - 1 in 3 inquiries will book if an offer is received within an hour of the enquiry being sent to you. Renters are searching for an "on-demand" experience, therefore its critical you send an offer the moment you are able. Remember that offers can be edited, so if the renter decided they want to add extras, you can modify your original offer easily before booking.
- Update your listing - A picture tells a thousand words, high quality images are a game changer if you are looking for more enquiries. They set the tone for your search appearance, and listing as a whole
- Work on reviews - Every booking is a chance to provide a 5* experience that your renters will want to post pictures, and reviews. Reviews are key to your ranking and help instill trust when a renter is browsing GetMyBoat. They are a very powerful tool, so be sure to have a plan in place to ask for, and receive reviews for every trip.
- Become a super owner - This may seem an obvious one, but we reward the best owners. If you keep your response rate above 90% , offer rate above 80% & reviews at 5* from at least 15 bookings you will be eligible for super owner status.